- Make two copies of your passport, leave one at home with a friend or family member and keep the other one tucked away in your suitcase.
- Make sure you have enough medical coverage and top it up if you’re not certain.
- Give your credit card company a heads-up that you’ll be travelling.
- Double check your calendar before making any reservations and consider travel dates set in stone.
- If you want to be flexible, at least book your first night because when you arrive you’ll be tired and you’ll want a place to put your suitcases down.
- We always recommend taking along a small medical bag for just incases.
- South African residents travelling overseas on holiday should declare with the SARS desk at the airport any electronic items of value which they intend to return and bring back in (this desk is before you check in at the airport in the International departure hall.